A gasfitter does the following:
- Plans, designs, installs and services natural and propane gas systems.
- Installs and repairs gas appliances such as ranges, dryers, barbeques, furnaces, boilers and fireplaces.
- Blueprint reading, drafting and sketching.
- Works – steel, copper, brass, stainless steel, aluminum.
- Works with valves, controls and fittings.
- Measures, cuts, threads, braze welds, bends and flares pipe and tubing.
- Installs and repairs underground gas mains.
- Installs and test electrical wiring for gas appliances.
- Reads gas meters.
- Selects and installs propane tanks.
- Must be physically fit and agile.
- A gasfitter must be intelligent, able to make decisions and be productive.
- Available in Burnaby
- Daytime and Afternoon Options
- Level 1 and Level 2 Continuous Intake Options
Excellent gasfitters make in excess of $27.00 per hour plus benefits on average.
The following is the price breakdown for levels one through two:
|CSA B149.1 National Gas Code||$240|
|Level 2||Tuition Fee||$1250|
|*Note: Gas B Exam fee payable to the Safety Authority approx $300|
Gasfitting technical training is offered in both the afternoon and daytime. Contact Pacific Vocational College for dates and eligibility requirements (eg: “C” to “B” upgrading)